Living on your own can enrich your student life, but finding a suitable living space can be quite difficult. To help you with this search, we give you some tips.
Are you looking for a room? Often the most effective way to find housing is through friends or acquaintances . By joining a study or student association you can get to know many people who can help you find a place to live. Here you will find an overview of all associations. Other tips are:
Register as soon as possible
You can register with Woonloket Breda via klikvoorkamers as from one year before the application for your study. After registration you will receive a login code and a password. With these codes you can view the housing offers of the three Breda housing corporations and register for certain houses.
Other options are:
- Sign up for student housing T63 on the Tramsingel.
- Or try to get on the Study studio Park waiting list.
- You can also register for Camelot.
- Also take a look at Kamernet
- Social Media
- Information for internationals
There are also active facebook groups that can help you:
- Zoekt kamer in Breda (Searching for a room in Breda)
- Woning of kamer huren in Breda (Renting a house or room in breda)
- Living arrangements Breda
Are you (almost) finished studying and looking for living space for starters? Some of the information under search for a room also applies to the search for living space for starters. In addition, these tips can also help you: It is important that you register on Klik voor wonen as early as possible. You can do this when you are 18 years old. Klik voor wonen offers an overview of (social) rental properties from all the housing corporations in Central Brabant. The registration period determines whether you are eligible for housing. Registration is not necessary for a rental home in the private sector.
- Also on Funda, Pararius and Huurwoningen Breda there are rental properties in the private sector.
- Do you want to buy a house? Take a look at Funda. You may want to consider using a buying agent. A mortgage broker can advise and help you find the most suitable mortgage. Keep in mind that your student debt will affect the amount of the mortgage.
Found a living space?
Congratulations! There is a lot coming at you now! Register with the municipality and check out the Q&A for information and tips on costs, utilities, home insurance, applying for rent benefit and setting up your living space.